Sumit J Darak
Associate Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India
PhD: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore (2009-2013) (PhD supervisor: Prof. Vinod A. Prasad.)
B.E.: University of Pune, India (2003-2007).
|12.||June 23 - Present:||Dean of Academic Affairs (DoAA)|
|11.||June 22 - Present:||SoC Consultant, Apexplus Tech., Hyderabad|
|10.||Jan'20 - Present:||Associate Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India|
|9.||July'20 - June'23:||Chair: UG Affairs, IIIT-Delhi, India|
|8.||Mar'19 - Sept'2021:||5G Architect (Consultant), VVDN Tech.India|
|7.||Jan'15 - Dec'19:||Assistant Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India|
|6.||June'17, Dec.'17, June'18:||Visiting Researcher, IEOR, IIT Bombay, India|
|5.||Nov'15 - Dec'15:||Visiting Faculty, CentraleSupélec, Rennes, France|
|4.||Mar'13 - Nov'14:||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CominLabs Excellence Center, Université Europèenne de Bretagne (UEB) and Supélec, France|
|3.||Aug'12 - Jan'13:||Intern, EADS Innovation Works (Airbus), Singapore|
|2.||Aug'11 - Nov'11:||Visiting Research Student, Massey University, New Zealand|
|1.||Sep'07 - Dec'08:||Assistant System Engineer, TCS, India|
Honours and Awards
- IIIT-Delhi Research Excellence Awards (2021, 2023).
- Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (QIF) Winner (2022,2023).
- Elevated to IEEE Senior Member Grade.
- VLSID Conference Design Contest Winner (2022, 2023)
- COMSNETs 2022 Best PhD Thesis Award and IIITD 2022 PhD Dissertation Award to Himani Joshi.
- Best paper award (Application-oriented Research Track) in AIMLSystems 2021 Conference.
- IIIT-Delhi Teaching Excellence Awards (based on student's feedback and class strength): ECE270: ELD (2018, 2020), ECE111: DC (2019), ECE510: DHD (2019, 2020).
- Second-best poster award at COMSNETS 2019.
- 2018 NI (National Instruments) Academic Research Grant.
- Second best paper award IEEE/AIAA 36th DASC 2017, Florida, USA.
- 2017 NI (National Instruments) Academic Research Grant.
- Young scientist paper award and conference travel grant from 32nd URSI-GASS, Montreal, Canada, Aug. 2017.
- Best demo award in 11th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM 2016), France.
- Visiting professor fellowship, CentraleSupélec, Rennes, France (Nov.-Dec., 2015).
- DST INSPIRE faculty award from Government of India for young researchers under 32 years age along with 5 year research grant.
- Young scientist paper award and conference travel grant from URSI-France in XXXI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the URSI, Beijing, China, Aug. 2014.
- Graduate scholarship for four years to pursue graduate studies at NTU, Singapore.
- Best paper award in the IET National Conference on Signal and Image Processing Applications, Pune, India
- Green wireless network design via reinforcement learning and reconfigurable radio
- Smart and reconfigurable multi-standard wireless communication transceivers
- Reinforcement and transfer learning for wideband spectrum sensing, RF energy harvesting, and dynamic spectrum access
- Machine learning on System on Chip