For Potential Students
Students who are interested in doing projects/theses on computer networks, wireless connectivity and mobile computing are requested to send their CV and transcript to me over email. In general, depending on their time commitment, students contribute to one or more research papers. The students are expected to have familiarity and strong interest in systems work, including actual implementation of testbeds. Thorough grounding in machine learning, algorithms and optimization techniques is considered to be a plus. During the course of these projects, discussions on tangential items related to working of networks and/or systems within the group are encouraged.
- Shubham Chaudhary
- Started in January 2021
- Research Topic: Edge Computing for Traffic Surveillance
- Jyoti Shokhanda
- Started in January 2022
- Research Topic: Tail Latency in Edge Computing
- Najiya Naj
- Started in January 2023; recipient of AICTE Fellowship
- Research Topic: Teleoperation of vehicles
- Kamta Prasad Shukla and Nandini Soni (capstone project), "Optimization of Tail Latency on GPUs"
- Ravi Rathee -- MTech Thesis (May 2022), "Exploiting the Tradeoff Between Energy Consumption and Execution Time in Mixed CPU-GPU Edge-Cloud Environment"
- Shivani Mishra -- Capstone Project
- Project Topic: Benchmarking Edge Computing Services
- Harshal Dev -- MTech Thesis (December 2021), "An Evaluation of Multi-user OFDMA Performance in WiFi 6 and its Optimization for Deadline-Constrained Settings" (jointly with Mukulika Maity)
- Anjali and Sraddha Sablok (joint) -- Capstone Project, Graduated in December 2021 (co-advisor: Mukulika Maity)
- Keshav Gambhir, Tanmay Rajore and Taral Jain
- Project Topic: Utilizing multipath networks for better video conferencing
- Paritosh Shukla and Rohit Makkar
- Project Topic: Traffic Monitoring using Decoupled Edge Devices
- Kshitij Mohan and Aryan Taneja
- Project Topic: Adapting the ML models on Edge Devices
- Nikhil Kushwah on "Low-cost Transmitter Localization"
- Vishrut Arora (Summer 2021) on "Privacy Leakages from Indian apps" (with Sambuddho Chakraborty and Mukulika Maity)
- Mrigank Chugh (2020-2021) on "Low-complexity computer vision for edge computing" (with Mukulika Maity)
- Anuj Verma (Btech Project, 2020-2021) on "Empirical Analysis of GPU's for computer vision workloads
- Prince Sachdeva and Abhivandan Pandey (joint BTech Project, 2020-2021) on "An Empirical evaluation of the performance of Android applications" (with Mukulika Maity)
- Anuj Raghini and Malhar Marathe (students of VJTI, since December 2020), on "Edge Placement using Deep Reinforcement Learning"
- Sanskar Sehgal (student of Manipal University, working since May 2021) on "Tracking of moving GPS Spoofing Devices"
- Anjali Singh (summer and monsoon of 2021) on "Traffic Monitoring using Edge Devices
- Jaskirat Singh (student of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, summer of 2021) on "Evaluation of computer vision techniques on Raspberry Pi's"