Sumit J Darak
Associate Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India
PhD: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore (2009-2013) (PhD supervisor: Prof. Vinod A. Prasad.)
B.E.: University of Pune, India (2003-2007).
|1.||Jan'20 - Present:||Associate Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India|
|2.||Mar'19 - Present:||5G Architect (Consultant), VVDN Technologies, India|
|3.||Jan'15 - Dec'19:||Assistant Professor, IIIT-Delhi, India|
|4.||June'17, Dec.'17, June'18:||Visiting Researcher, IEOR, IIT Bombay, India|
|5.||Nov'15 - Dec'15:||Visiting Faculty, CentraleSupélec, Rennes, France|
|6.||Mar'13 - Nov'14:||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CominLabs Excellence Center, Université Europèenne de Bretagne (UEB) and Supélec, France|
|7.||Aug'12 - Jan'13:||Intern, EADS Innovation Works (Airbus), Singapore|
|8.||Aug'11 - Nov'11:||Visiting Research Student, Massey University, New Zealand|
|9.||Sep'07 - Dec'08:||Assistant System Engineer, TCS, India|
- Green wireless network design via reinforcement learning and reconfigurable radio
- Smart and reconfigurable multi-standard wireless communication transceivers
- Reinforcement and transfer learning for wideband spectrum sensing, RF energy harvesting, and dynamic spectrum access
- Machine learning on System on Chip
Honours and Awards
- IIIT-Delhi Teaching Excellence Awards (based on student's feedback and class strength): 2018 (ECE270: ELD), 2019 (ECE111: DC), 2019 (ECE510: DHD).
- Second-best poster award at COMSNETS 2019.
- 2018 NI (National Instruments) Academic Research Grant.
- Second best paper award IEEE/AIAA 36th DASC 2017, Florida, USA.
- 2017 NI (National Instruments) Academic Research Grant.
- Young scientist paper award and conference travel grant from 32nd URSI-GASS, Montreal, Canada, Aug. 2017.
- Best demo award in 11th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM 2016), France.
- Visiting professor fellowship, CentraleSupélec, Rennes, France (Nov.-Dec., 2015).
- DST INSPIRE faculty award from Government of India for young researchers under 32 years age along with 5 year research grant.
- Young scientist paper award and conference travel grant from URSI-France in XXXI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the URSI, Beijing, China, Aug. 2014.
- Graduate scholarship for four years to pursue graduate studies at NTU, Singapore.
- Best paper award in the IET National Conference on Signal and Image Processing Applications, Pune, India