My research lies at the intersection of Cyber Security, Reinforcement Learning and Stochastic Planning with an emphasis on (1) Securing the critical cyber infrastructures proactively with predictive capabilities, (2) User Behavior based unobservable continuous authentication systems and (3) accurately learning and predicting probabilistic human behavior(s) with Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
Associated with the CERC and CAI centers at IIIT-D.
To prospective students: I'm looking for motivated students in adaptive security research. If you are interested in working with me, please contact me at arunb at iiitd dot ac dot in
- ABB GISPL, 2018-2022, Microservice and Controller approach to control systems: Challenges in Security, Principal Investigator, INR 17,68,000
- Defense Research and Development Organization, Govt. of India. 2017-2018, Principal Investigator, INR 9,86,000
- Defense Research and Development Organization, Govt. of India. 2017-2019, Co-Principal Investigator, INR 34,01,200
- DCM Tech Ltd, 2018-2019, Adaptive parameter re-configuration for dynamic environments through continuous learning, Principal Investigator, INR 8,60,000
- PC member of IEEE Bigdata Congress
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Service Computing
- PC Member for International conference on security, privacy and applied cryptography engineering [SPACE]
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services
- Technical program chair for Security and Privacy Symposium
Check my Google Scholar account for information on citations and h-index.
- S. S. Yau, Y. Yao, A. B. Buduru, "An Adaptable Distributed Trust Management Framework for Large-scale Secure Service-based Systems", Computing Journal, Springer, Vol 96(10), 2014, pp. 925-949
- I. D. Addo, S. I. Ahamed, S. S. Yau, A. B. Buduru, "Reference Architectures for Privacy Preservation in Cloud-based IoT Applications", International Journal of Services Computing (IJSC), Vol 2(4), 2014, pp.65-78.
- S. S. Yau, H. G. An, A. B. Buduru, "An Approach to Data Confidentiality Protection in Cloud Environments", International Journal of Web Services Research, Vol 9(3), 2013, pp. 67-83.
- Divam Gupta, Indira Sen, Niharika Sachdeva, Ponnurangam Kumaraguru and Arun Balaji Buduru,
"Empowering First Responders through Automated Multimodal Content Moderation", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Computing (ICCC), San Francisco, July 2018, pp. 1-9 [Best Paper Award]
- Sayantan Guha, Stephen S. Yau and Arun Balaji Buduru, "Attack Detection in Cloud Infrastructures Using Artificial Neural Network with Genetic Feature Selection", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC), Auckland, New Zealand, August 2016, pp. 414-419
- Arun Balaji Buduru and Stephen S. Yau, "An Effective Approach to Continuous User Authentication for Touch Screen Smart Devices", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Quality, Reliability and Security (QRS), Vancouver, Canada, August 2015, pp. 219-226
- Stephen S. Yau, Arun Balaji Buduru and Vinjith Nagaraja, "Protecting Critical Cloud Infrastructures with Predictive Capability", Proceedings of IEEE 8th International Conference on Cloud Computing, New York, NY, June 2015, pp. 1119-1124
- Stephen S. Yau and Arun Balaji Buduru, "Intelligent Planning for Developing Mobile IoT Applications Using Cloud Systems", Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services(MS), June 2014, pp. 55-62
- S. I. Ahamed, I. Addo, Stephen S. Yau, Arun Balaji Buduru, "A Reference Architecture for Improving Security and Privacy in Internet of Things Applications", Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services(MS), June 2014, pp. 108-115